Nigerian singer, Ayodeji Balogun, professionally called Wizkid, is a Nigerian songwriter and musician.
He reportedly charges up to $1 million per show.
He’s the first African artiste to charge $1 million for a show.
Grammy-Award winner, Wizkid, who was announced as one of the stars headlining the 2022 Rolling Loud music festival in September, confirmed this in a post on his Instagram story.
He wrote, “Afro nigga! $1 million to pop out”.
Meanwhile, Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, stage name Burna Boy charges about $500,000 per show.
Not only that, the event organiser must provide some other facilities before he can honour the invite.
Some of these facilities include:
- Private jet (for him and his manager alone)
- 14 flight tickets for his band
- Must be picked by a convoy of five vehicles at airport
- A sprinter van
- Three SUVs
- A four-five star hotel must be booked
- The hotel should have reserved a smoking executive suite, two junior suites, one deluxe king room and six double standard rooms with big mirrors.
- Up to 10 rooms booked for him and his band.
- 12 bottles of still and carbonated spring water
- 8 ginger ales
- Six sprites
- Six Pepsi sodas
- Fresh grapes
- Three bottles of Veuve Cliqout Champagne
- One bottle each of Hennessey XO cognac
- Jack Daniels whiskey
- White wine, preferably a Chardonnay or Chablis
- Six black face towels
- Four black bath towels.