Nigerian filmmaker Seun Egbegbe who recently regained freedom from prison after being locked up for six years left many feeling emotional on social media after sharing a video showing his recent visit to his mum.

Sharing the video, Seun thanked God and expressed how happy he was to meet her.

In the video, the mother and son were seen hugging each other as they both cried.

Olajide Kareem, also known as Seun Egbegbe, a producer and director was found guilty of fraud and sentenced to six years and eight months in jail in Lagos, has uploaded a video of his reunion with his mother after six years.

After allegedly receiving money under false pretense from no less than 40 Bureaux de Change operators over the course of two years between 2015 and 2017, Egbegbe was placed on remand on February 10.

He was charged with defrauding the BDC operators by saying he had naira to exchange for foreign money.

Only one of the 44 counts brought against him—Count 19—was found to be true, and Egbegbe was consequently punished.

because he had already served six years and eight months in detention, the judge ordered his release.

The 45-year-old controversial figure in the Yoruba movie industry, was arraigned by the police for alleged fraud involving N39m; $90,000 and £12,550, N39,098,100, respectively.

Egbegbe, who once managed Fuji artistes, Wale Ayinde, aka Tekoma and Wasiu Alabi, aka Pasuma, was accused of defrauding the BDC operators.

Unfortunately, the filmmaker who financed the production of several Yoruba films under his Ebony Films Productions imprint, had been unable to fulfil the bail conditions more than three years after.

The former convict was initially charged with 36 counts of alleged Advance Fee fraud on February 10, 2017, before Justice Oluremi Oguntoyinbo.

Later, Lawal Kareem, Olalekan Yusuf, and Muyideen Shoyombo joined the pair on a 44-count accusation.

On Tuesday, however, the court released Egbegbe after finding him guilty of just one of the 44 crimes brought against him.

43 of the 44 count charges, according to Justice Oguntoyinbo, were dismissed because there weren’t enough witnesses to back up the allegations.

In addition, the judge held that the prosecuting team failed in the responsibility to provide evidence to be backed with witnesses on Counts 4, 19 and 21.

The judge also said that police tampered with the money recovered from the suspects.

Justice Oguntoyinbo also ruled that all the money recovered from Egbegbe as evidence should be returned to him.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *